All our products are crafted with British sourced full grain vegetable tanned leather. Like any natural material, it will need to be cared for in order to maintain its strength and durability over time. These are gifts destined to be passed down through generations.
Please note: Avoid using any solvents or synthetic oils to clean your item. This may result in damaging the fibrous composition of the leather.
- If your item gets wet, please remove the excess water from the surface with a clean microfibre cloth. Allow the leather to dry naturally away from direct sunlight.
- Depending on how regular you use your item, it will need to be cleaned and checked. We advise cleaning and checking your item once a week if it is used regularly. For occasional use only, once every 6 months would be sufficient.
Steps to clean your item
- Wipe over the surface with a damp sponge or microfibre cloth. Allow to dry naturally away from direct sunlight. On average, the drying time should not take any longer than 1-2 days.
- Apply a small amount of leather feed onto the leather using a clean sponge or microfibre cloth. Gently massage the feed onto the leather surface. Reapply further leather feed to areas of dryness.
Our leather partner, J&E Sedgwick, produce their own leather feed containing natural ingredients such as tallows and waxes. This feed is the perfect fit to help preserve your bridle leather.
- Allow time for the leather feed to dry. Depending on the amount applied, the drying time will vary. Generally, 2-3 hours of drying time will be sufficient.